S31254 Stainless Steel
Grade 6 Moly | UNS S31254 | 1.4547
Stainless steel grade S31254 is a very high end austenitic stainless steel.
For certain applications, grade S31254 has been reported to be a cost-effective substitute for high nickel and titanium alloys.
It is designed with a combination of impact toughness resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking, and pitting and crevice corrosion with strength that is twice that of the stainless steel 300 series.
It is known to possess excellent workability as well.
As with most steel plate products a number of different designations are used for these steels. The most common are:
•Type SMO 254 1.4547 (EN Steel Number) S31254 (UNS)
Typical industrial sectors:
• Saltwater handling
• Tall oil distillation columns
• Flue gas desulphurization scrubbers
• Components used in petroleum production
• Food processing equipment
• Process equipment in chemical industry
• Bleaching equipment in the pulp and paper industry
• Flue-gas cleaning
• Heat exchangers